SMART’s goal is to actively influence the outcomes and impact of government decisions or actions that affect members engaged in the wiping materials, used clothing, fiber markets or textile recycling industry. Advancement of our industry is our number one priority. When other issues arise that affect the industry, SMART is able to respond with sophisticated lobbying and information services.
- U.S. House of Representatives website — Contains information about the U.S. House of Representatives and its members including: links to their websites, committee/caucus assignments, and Congressional contact information. There is also a link that allows users to identify members of Congress using zip codes.
- U.S. Senate Website — Contains information about the U.S. Senate and its members including: links to their websites, committee/caucus assignments, and Congressional contact information.
- Library of Congress — Free, searchable access to past and present federal legislation including bills, resolutions, summaries and their status as well as Congressional schedules, policies and procedures, and more.
- Government Printing Office — The U.S Government Printing Office (GPO) provides publishing & dissemination services for the official & authentic government publications to Congress, Federal agencies, Federal depository libraries, & the American public.
- U.S. Census Bureau — A key source for reliable data/statistics on business, industry, economic indicators, workplace, employment and more.
- U.S. International Trade Commission — Contains U.S. Harmonized Tariff Schedule, searchable tariff database, and Dataweb, a free service that allows users to generate product specific international trade statistics and more.
- Office of Textiles and Apparel — Housed in the Commerce Department, the Office of Textiles and Apparel (OTEXA) oversees programs and strategies to improve the domestic and international competitiveness of the U.S. fiber, textiles and apparel industries and to assist importers and retailers in facilitating fair trade practices affecting textiles and apparel goods. The website offers updates and information on hot issues, as well as information about trade agreement textile/apparel provisions, industry data, trade policy, trade events and more.
- Customs Information — Free access to global tariff information for users of Export.Gov. Users of this free service can lookup country tariff information for shipments originating in the United States. Users are required to register for access to this free service.