Where to Recycle
Where can you recycle your textiles?
- Look for clothing collection boxes in your neighborhood. SMART members must follow the SMART Collection Bin Code of Conduct
- Check with your favorite local charity or thrift store about collection locations to see where you can drop-off your textiles. The local Goodwill, Salvation Army, St. Vincent DePaul, Savers or other Thrift Stores will recycle any textile that is not sellable in their stores.
- Ask your town or city if they have a textile recycling program.
- Call or visit the website of your local transfer station or town landfill or dump to see if they have collection boxes.
- Check your mail for charities that offer curb side pick-up of clothing and textiles.
How can I recycle large quantities of textiles?
SMART members can assist the public with reusing and recycling large quantities of textile materials such as misprinted t-shirts, linen from hospitals, prisons, hotels, and uniforms.
If you have large quantities of material to recycle and are looking for a textile recycling partner, contact SMART at 301-953-8200 or via email at email@example.com for more information on how to recycle these items.
Locate a SMART Member
The SMART member locator is a public searchable database of some SMART member companies. You can use this to find a member by Product/Service, Name, State or Country.
Click HERE to search for SMART members.