Welcome to SMART!
The Association of Wiping Materials, Used Clothing
and Fiber Industries Since 1932
As an international trade association, SMART strengthens the economic opportunities of our diverse membership by promoting the interdependence of our industry segments and providing a common forum for networking, education and trade. More about us
- 4/20/13 — Clothes Recycling Goes Curbside as Demand Rises
Clothes recycling is going curbside in more U.S. towns as global prices rise for the used apparel, shoes and linens that Americans often toss in the trash.
- 4/20/13 — SMART Making Full Court Press in States to Spread Word about Textile Recycling
The first week in April was one of the most active in recent memory for the SMART Board, members and staff in spreading the word out about textile recycling in a variety of states and in advocating
- 1/29/13 S.M.A.R.T. Calls for Its Clothing Collection Bin Code of Conduct to be Industry Standard...
The Secondary Materials and Recycled Textiles Association (SMART) not only sets the industry standard with its Code of Conduct for the clothing collection bin industry, but the organization continues to call for all companies in the clothing collection bin industry to be 100% transparent.
- 12/10/12 SMART Applauds Recently Announced Worldwide Clothing Recycling Program...
Clothing Retailer to Implement Global Clothing Recycling Program in February 2013.
- 10/1/12 SMART Provides Lessons on Textile Recycling...
Lessons for elementary school students promotes awareness of clothing and textile recycling.
- 06/26/12 SMART Announces Partnership with the Education Center
SMART announces it will develop grade-appropriate educational materials in conjunction with The Education Center to promote the concept of clothing as a recyclable product.
- 06/21/12 Communities, charities profit in recycling textiles
Forget the idea that gently worn clothes are the only donations worth giving to organizations…
- 05/03/12 Results Announced for Nationwide Clothing Recycling Contest
Florida State University claims the title “Big Shirt on Campus”…