SMART 2012 Committee Descriptions
Revised April 2013
CONVENTION PLANNING COMMITTEE — Recommends policies and procedures for SMART Conventions and Regional Meetings, assists with site recommendations and helps to establish educational and technical content.
- Sandy Woycke - Chairman; Eric Warshaw, Robert Goode, Lee Benovitz, Sukhi Kang, Carren Kay, Ellen Tobin, Larry Groipen, and Colleen Cole
EXECUTIVE — Acts on behalf of the Board of Directors on matters requiring immediate attention or urgent dispatch.
- Lou Buty - President; Jeff Pearl - Vice President; Eric Stubin – 2nd Vice President; Larry Groipen - Past President; and Jackie King
FINANCE — Monitors the entire financial process of SMART. The association’s treasurer chairs the Committee.
- Lou Buty, Lynne Warshaw, Colleen Cole, Ed Freeman, David Blum, and Jackie King
MEMBERSHIP DEVELOPMENT — Monitors and helps develop new membership programs.
- Joy Fenton- Chairman; Sunny Khatra, Sukhi Kang, Idrees Hussain, and Sandy Woycke
NOMINATING — Submits to the membership nominations for officers and directors.
- Larry Groipen - Chairman
PUBLIC RELATIONS COMMITTEE — Oversees the SMART public relations initiatives.
- Lou Buty - Chairman; Larry Groipen, Sunny Khatra, and Eric Stubin
STRATEGIC PLANNING COMMITTEE — Works to analyze how the current association serves the members and meets future needs.
- Sunny Khatra, Jeff Pearl, Lou Buty, Larry Groipen, Eric Stubin, John Paben, Jackie King, and Dennis Friedman, Consultant
TECH COMMITTEE — Oversees the SMART website, social media and online services.
- Justin Woycke - Chairman; Jeremy Berg, Elaine Birks-Mitchell, Calla Fankhanel, Jeff Pearl, and Lynn Warshaw
GOVERNMENT AFFAIRS COMMITTEE — Guides the direction of our government affairs initiatives.
- Bill Schapiro – Chairman; John Paben, Jeff Pearl, Josh Music, Eric Warshaw, Bill Wright, and Jackie King
WOMEN OF SMART — Provides a forum for women affiliated with the association.
- Lynn Warshaw and Kim Woycke - Chairs; Ellen Tobin and Sandy Woycke